The NORAC Swim School is a Learn to Swim 12 week sessional program for ages 6 & up. Learning is adapted to the needs of each child. The swimmer will develop general aquatic skills such as kicking and arm movement, proper stroke technique and feeling comfortable in the pool.
The Beginner/Double Lane program is a 45 minute lesson for ages 6 & up who are comfortable in deep water. Swimmers will learn proper stroke technique beginning with Frontcrawl and Backstroke and progressing to Breaststroke and Butterfly.
The Advanced program is for swimmers 8 and older who are able to 25m unassisted and have the basic ability to perform all 4 strokes. Here we will work on perfecting each of the strokes and building endurance.
Our Intro to Competitive program is for swimmers 8 and older who need more of a challenge and have passed through our swim school program or have been selected by the Head Coach. They will learn to swim more challenging sets, proper dives and turns, learn to read the clock and use pace times. This is a pathway to our competitive stream at NORAC
Swim School / Intro to Competitive Schedule 2023-2024WINTER SESSION
|Intro to Competitive|
|5:15-6:00 pm||n/a||5:00-6:00 pm|
|Intro to Competitive|
Group B *FULL*
|5:15-6:00 pm **FULL**||6:00-7:00 pm **FULL**|
|4:30-5:15 pm |
|6:15-7:00 pm **FULL**||5:15-6:00 pm **FULL **||n/a||5:15-6:00 pm
- all swimmers must be registered with Swim Ontario at a cost of $55, this amount must be included in payment of first registered session each swim season – September – June)
- Swim School – (one training session per week) – 12 week session – $155
- Intro to Competitive (ITC) – (2 training sessions per week) – 12 week session – $260
To register contact the Registrar – [email protected] – Winter Session registration begins November 22nd
Equipment is available to order from Team Aquatic Supplies (TAS) Shop Here use coupon code NOR300 to receive the team discount.
- All Swim School participants must have a kick board and a good pair of goggles. There is a large selection available on the TAS website
- Recommended GOGGLES for younger swimmers – Speed Vanquisher Jr or Aquaspere kids Junior Training Goggles – Team Aquatic Supplies (team-aquatic.com)
- Kickboards are also available at TAS Jr size for younger swimmers (under 12) – Kickboards, – Team Aquatic Supplies (team-aquatic.com)
- ADVANCED SWIM SCHOOL and INTRO TO COMPETITIVE
- must also have a pair of training fins TAS Short Fins | Team Aquatic Supplies (team-aquatic.com) or Nagiee Swim Fins available Amazon
Session Schedule 2023 - 2024
|FALL - Session 1||WINTER - Session 2||SPRING - Session 3|
|Mon. Sept 11- Fri. Dec 1, 2023|
(no classes Thanksgiving Mon Oct 9, Halloween Tues Oct 31)
|Monday Dec. 4/23 - Friday March 8/24|
(no classes Christmas Break Dec 25/23 - Jan 5/24 or Family Day Monday Feb 19/24)
|Monday March 18 - Friday June 7, 2024
(no classes Good Friday March 29/24 or Victoria Day May 20/24)