DATE: Saturday May 13, 2023 at Jack Burger Complex
- Elite, Sr Dev, Jr Dev – 6:30-8:30 am
- Novice, Youth, Youth Plus – 4:30-6:30 pm
NORAC each year hosts a Swim-a-Thon fundraiser with a goal to raise several thousand dollars while at the same time promoting camaraderie and fun for all NORAC swimmers. Swim families are asked to reach out to friends and family members to donate to their online pledge page. Then on May 13th swimmers will come together at the pool to swim for either 2 hours or 200 lengths, whichever they reach first.
The goal for the club is to raise $10, 000 – If each family raises just $200 then we will easily meet our goal.
On Swim-a-thon day your swimmer shows up with a person to count their laps. There is a maximum of 2 hours to complete the 200 lengths.
To create an online account please follow these steps:
- Go to https://donate.swimming.ca/
- Create and Verify your account
- Click on the red banner that says Create Your First Fundraising Page!
- Next enter title name – easy one is Swim-a-Thon 2023 – Child’s First and Last name
- Next enter description – an example is ” We are raising funds to help supplement the operating costs of our competitive swim club, NORAC, including pool fees, exciting Olympic swimmer mentorship programs, and training costs! Donations of any size are sincerely appreciated! My Swim-a-Thon goal is to swim the 5km distance in under 1h 45 mins.”
- Then on the next page you enter your fundraising goal – I put $250 but the higher you wish to try to achieve please do so!
- Then put in your province “Ontario” and your swim club – type NORAC and the complete club name will populate.
- Lastly you choose the basic page design then your account is complete.
- It gives you an option to share the link to your social media. You can also copy the link to send out emails to people as well.
2023 Swim-a-Thon prizing:
All Age Group, Masters and Summer clubs, including their swimmers, who participate in Swim-a-Thon between October 1, 2022 and August 31, 2023 are eligible for prizing. Again this year, for every $25 an individual raises, they are rewarded with entries to win one of five Speedo Grand Prizes and one of five All Tides Bonus Prizes. Raise $50, they have 2 entries into each draw. Raise $500, they are rewarded with 20 entries into each of the Grand Prize and Bonus Prize draws. Not to mention the top fundraising prizes our swimming community has grown to love, again valued this year at over $20,000.00. Prize winners will be announced prior to the 2023-2024 fundraising season.
Each Grand Prize includes:
1. 1 teamster backpack
2. 2 training suits
3. 2 pairs of goggles
4. 1 mesh bag
Top Individual Fundraiser per Age Group
Top Prize includes: $3,500 travel credit
Runner-Up Prize includes: $1,000 travel credit
Top Fundraising Club – based on number of registered swimmers
Prize includes: National Team Member visit