Fundraising & Bingo
(updated September 19, 2018)
To sign up for a bingo, email the bingo director Matt Forbes at Bingo firstname.lastname@example.org stating the date and position you are available for. Keep checking back to confirm your assignment to the bingo. All families must save 1 bingo per swimmer for the summer of 2018.
To review bingo procedures click here
For a map to the Bingo hall in Cobourg click here
FALL 2018 – BINGO Signup Sept-Dec 2018
Once again this year we are offering Fundscrip as one of the fundraising opportunities to Norac families. Fundscrip is an on-line gift card (groceries, gas, clothing stores, etc.) ordering system that allows you to fundraise for both your family and for NORAC. If you are new to the club or new to the program, please scroll down to find everything you need to know about how Fundscrip works and can benefit your family.
Overall, when gift cards are purchased through FundScrip you will receive a percentage back that will go toward your fundraising fees. (i.e. If you spend $1000/month on groceries at Your Independent Grocer, Metro, Foodland or No Frills, in a year you will raise $270 towards your fundraising fees).
Scroll down to find out all the details of using Fundscrip.
Here are some of the retailers participating in Fundscrip. To see a complete list, visit: https://fundscrip.com
NORAC offers a monthly cheese fundraising order. This is a family fundraiser and credits will be applied to your family fundraising requirements. Orders and inquiries should be directed to Carla Ring Herron. Orders are due by the date indicated in the chart below, payment is required at the time of pickup.
Cheese Order Schedule - 2018-2019
|Order Due on or Before||Order Arrives at JBSC|
|November||Nov 11||Nov 15|
|December||Dec 09||Dec 13|
|January||Jan 13||Jan 17|
|February||Feb 10||Feb 14|
|March||Mar 10||Mar 14|
|April||Apr 7||Apr 11|
|May||May 5||May 9|
|June||June 2||June 6|
FUNDSCRIP DETAILED INFORMATION
The following provides additional information about our Fundscrip program. The initial set up takes a bit of time but once that’s done, the ordering is very simple.
A: Signup Info – How to get Started
1) Create an account at fundscrip.com with the Invitation code: ZLCGBG and password: 123456.
2) Download and fax or email the EFT (electronic funds transfer) form to complete the application.
3) Place your order once your EFT is activated (usually 1-2 days after sending the info)
B: Method of Payment
Please note: I do not recommend using credit cards (they take a 2% cut). It’s also important to know that debit/interac takes longer to process and get your cards. With EFT (electronic funds transfer – see part A) your bank account is debited only on the order date shown and the cards arrive approx. 4 days later. It’s the best way to order.
C: Ordering Logistics
1) There is a .96 delivery charge added to your order. Gift cards are delivered by mail to the address you provide.
2) Each order can be up to $500 (but you can place as many orders as you want).
3) There is a 4 card limit per order.
4) Orders will be processed on the next order day Monday-Thursday. Orders place Thursday to Sunday will be processed on Monday.
5) Typically the orders take 3-4 days to arrive. (I order on Sunday, my cards are processed on Monday and they arrive usually Friday).This can vary slightly depending on Canada Post in your area.
6) EFT is the best way to pay for your order.
D: Fundraising credits
Gift card purchases result in a percentage of a refund. The percentages are shown where the cards are listed on the website. Of the total refund amount, 75% goes to your family’s fundraising and 25% goes to NORAC. (or you could choose to have the entire amount go to NORAC). Every month, I send the totals to the NORAC administration to be applied to your family account so all you have to do is purchase the gift cards.
Presidents choice (3%) x $1000 = $30
$30 x 75% = $22.50 (your fundraising credit)
$30x 25% = $7.50 (NORAC fundraising)
If you are dedicated to the program you can do really well. Your relatives can also sign up so you can earn even more. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the program.
Helen Patterson at email@example.com