NORAC News Feed
FOR THE DAY OF THE MEET PLEASE REMEMBER:
- Dress code for officials is black pants/shorts for everyone, white shirt for all timers, Chief timers and Assistant Chief timers, red shirts for everyone else including Head Lane Timers.
- Deck evaluations – can be given after you have done a position more than once, please let me know asap if you haven’t already, and the referee BEFORE the session begins and bring your OFFICIALS CARD to be signed.
- Bring you participation points form to be signed.
- Please be in the Officials room no later than 10:30 am to sign in and have something to eat.
- Bring your own water bottle for on deck.
Hello Norac families!
Our upcoming Norac Swim Competition is November 10/11 from 11:30-2:30. Everyone’s help is needed to run a successful day for the kids and it is a great way to earn family participation points.
Please contact Heather Stratford by Friday, November 2 with your availability and what task you would like to sign up for. Heather can be reached via email at email@example.com
For those of you attending the introduction to officiating with Annette on Tuesday, please feel free to sign up. We will accommodate you the best way we can for you to use your new skills!
Attached below is the NORAC meet sign-in sheet that lists all the many tasks where parents’ help is needed for this 2day event.
I have attached the Meet package for the Belleville meet. The cost is $35 per day. Swimmers are limited to 3 events per day. We will not be swimming the Friday evening.
Please send payment to Annette firstname.lastname@example.org password meet fees by November 8th. If we do not receive payment by the 8th of November, your child will NOT be entered in the meet, no exceptions.
The new Food Coordinator is Jennifer Marshall. Thank you Jennifer!
I am looking for someone who would like to take over the volunteer position of Food Coordinator for home meets. I have been doing the Food Coordinator position now for 7 years, and would like someone else to have the opportunity to volunteer for this position. It’s an easy position to do and you receive 45 Family Participation Points for each session of the meet for organizing the food. I am and will be readily available to help the person taking over this position.
Below is an outline of what the Food Coordinator does:
– About 2 weeks before the meet, I get the details from Annette as to what room at the pool we have for setting up the food, what time we get the room and approximately how many people we need food for (usually about 30 officials and coaches, depending on how many coaches attending).
– I then decide what is on the menu for each day.
– Then I create a document in Google Docs for people to pick an food item to bring for the meet and send out an email with the link to the document.
– The week before the meet I check my supplies to see what I need for the meet. i.e. paper plates/bowls, napkins table cloths, tea, coffee, cutlery etc. I also send out a reminder email with details on what time to have the food at the pool and to what room we will be in.
– On the day before the meet starts, I purchase the coffee, cream, milk and any other supplies that I am out of. I bring the receipt from my purchases with me the day of the meet and Annette reimburses me that day from the psych sheet sales.
– On the day of the meet I arrive about an hour before warmup to set up the room for the food and make the coffee. It takes about an hour to brew 40 cups of coffee. I ask people to bring their food to the pool about 30 minutes before warmup starts so we can set up.
– When everyone is done and on deck we clean up. Any left over food, I give away to either the person who brought it or to whoever wants it.
If you are interested in committing to do this position, please respond by the end of the week, so that we can start organizing for the home meet November 10 – 11.
This year I want to make our fundraising efforts for NORAC a lot easier by using a service called FlipGive. With FlipGive we can ask for donations, shop online with popular brands like Walmart, Apple, Under Armour or buy gift cards to restaurants and our team will earn cash!
Join our team now using our invite code 6UC2J5 in one of 2 ways:
1. Download the FlipGive app at https://www.flipgive.com/app?joincode=6UC2J5
Remember to use FlipGive before you shop online so we’ll earn cash back. If you make a purchase in the next 7 days we’ll receive a $5 bonus!
The Pickering meet has been reduced to 4 sessions a day from the previous 6. Please see the meet package here on this page: Swim Meets
The swimmers should be on deck 15 minutes before the warm up begins in order to activate.
I have added the Pickering entries onto TM online. View the entries via TM ONLINE here. Choose the Pickering meet and you can see which events your swimmer has been entered into. (You can also check meet results here once they become available as well as your swimmers times and standards)
If your swimmer is NOT listed here, I did not receive an email that they were to be entered. Please get back to me ASAP. The deadline is next week and I will not be able to enter them once the deadline has passed.
Fees for the Pickering Meet are as follows: 13 & over $50 for one day $90 for 2 days, 12 and under $40 for one day, $65 for 2 days. Meet fees are due October 12th. Please e-transfer to Annette email@example.com password meetfees. Cheques must be received by October 12th.
NORAC home meet entries will be done once the meet has been sanctioned. Please keep an eye on the website to see which events your swimmer has been entered into. Fees for the Norac Home meet are $20 per family. Please etransfer to Annette before October 30th.
Any questions, please ask!
Attached is the Meet Package for the Pickering Spring Meet to be held on Oct 27&28.
If you have already told me that your swimmer(s) is only available one day, I have made note of it. The entry deadline is Oct 12th.
All details regarding timing and events are in the meet package. The coaches will be choosing events for the swimmers.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Pickering Oct 2018 Swim Meet