NORAC News Feed
As stated a few weeks ago, NORAC’s AGM and end of the year party is Sunday, June 2 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the Port Hope Rec Centre on 62 McCaul Street, Port Hope. All of our competitive swimmers and their families are invited.
Parents will attend the AGM in the conference room, while your swimmers will be entertained in the gym. AGM should take about 45 minutes. We will then have food and Coach Trish will hand out her awards. An email with the Board’s Reports will follow.
Pizza will be provided by the club, and as such, I need you to RSVP me by Tuesday, May 28th, with the number of people attending from your family, thanks!
This event will be potluck, so we are asking the following groups to bring a salad or dessert:
Novice, Youth and Youth +, please bring a salad.
Jr Dev, Sr Dev, Elite and Varsity, please bring a dessert.
As well, we will need volunteers to help set up tables for the AGM, as well as, tables in the gym for the party. For anyone who comes to help, you will receive 20 Family Participation Points. Please be at the Rec Centre at 2:00 p.m. to help set up. Thank you to our volunteers!
- Set up: 2:00 p.m.
- AGM and party: 2:30 – 4:30
- Clean up: 4:30
- Closed at 5:00
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Debbie Jones, Social Director email@example.com
(Rebecca and Megan’s mom)
No swim practice Saturday Morning or Monday morning or afternoon. Enjoy your long weekend and see you Tuesday.
Greetings NORAC Families,
Hello NORAC Families,
Our AGM will take place on Sunday June 2, 2019 at 2:30 pm, (just prior to our year end banquet) at the Port Hope Rec Centre on McCaul Street. This is your Club and we would like to see as many attendees as possible to hear what the Club has accomplished this swim season and to look forward to the 2019-2020 season. Board elections also take place at the AGM.
We are looking for members of NORAC who are interested in becoming a board member.
Being on the board gives you the opportunity to maintain what you like about NORAC as well as participate in setting the future direction of the Club. The focus of each board member must be the well being and future of the club as a whole.
Parents from all swim groups are welcome to put their name forward.
The Board of Directors consists of the following positions:
- President – responsible for the overall supervision and administration of the affairs of the Club. The President musthave sat on the board the year prior.
- Vice President – assumes the duties of the President if the President is absent or unable to exercise his/her duties.
- Secretary – records the minutes of meetings and distributes correspondence.
- Treasurer – responsible for the financial accounting and budgeting for NORAC (accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred)
- Director of Fundraising – organizes corporate and individual fund raising, including Swim-A-Thon, Fundscrip etc.
- Director of Officials – supports the development of Club officials, organizes officials for home meets.
- Director of Social Events –organizes the Club’s social events.
- Director of Bingo – organizes and train volunteers for bingos sponsored by NORAC.
- Director of Conflict Resolution – addresses complaints and issues made to the Conflict Resolution Committee.
- Director at Large (2) – assist in special projects as they arise (equipment, clothing, travel, special events, etc).
Anyone can put their name forward for any of the above positions. If more than one nomination is received for a position an election will be held at the AGM. Many current board members have put their name forward to continue on the board. We ask that anyone interested in putting their name forward, first consider the positions that currently have no nominee for next season.
The following board positions are not yet filled for the 2019-2020 season.
Director of Conflict Resolution
Director a Large
If you are interested please fill out the attached nomination form and submit it to Mary-Ellen via email (or put it in my folder at the pool), prior to 6:00 pm May 25, 2019.
Mary-Ellen McKenna and Matt Forbes
Our Swim School sponsorship program the last 2 seasons has been a success. We’ve been able to acquire sponsors and provide a free t-shirt to our Swim School participants. The list of sponsors is available on our website – http://swimnorac.com/sponsors/
We’d like to continue this program for the 2019-2029 season and are requesting the assistance of all our competitive program families.
We have available a sponsorship package which offers local business the opportunity to sponsor our Swim School program which in turn will benefit all our club programs.
We are asking YOU, our Competitive families, to contact businesses you are connected to – either as employees, customers or some other personal connection. You will be awarded 50 Participation points for each contact that results in a sponsorship.
If you have a business (or more) you are willing to contact, please let me know the business name (so multiple folks don’t contact the same place and so I know who to award the points to) and I will provide you with a package to pass on to them. I’ll have the packages available this week. The goal is to have all packages delivered by the end of May.
Look forward to hearing for you.
I have booked the AGM and end of the year party for Sunday, June 2/19, at the Port Hope Rec Centre, on 62 McCaul Street, Port Hope, from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
More info to follow. Please save the date!
Debbie Jones (Megan’s mom)
Just a reminder that tomorrow is the deadline for RSVP’ing for the Team Building Event!
I have booked an afternoon of bowling as a Team Building Event for our swimmers on Saturday, March 23/19 at 1:00 p.m. at Northshore Lanes in the Northumberland Mall.
The cost is $5.00 per swimmer to participate, NORAC will cover the rest. This includes one game of bowling, shoe rental, a slice of pizza and a juice. If you wish to participate, please RSVP me, and then, I will notify Annette, who will take the $5.00 out of your meet fee account.
You must RSVP, by responding to this email, by Wednesday, March 20/19, if you wish your swimmer to participate. There will be no exceptions past this date, as I have to confirm a final number.
A few other points:
– You must remove your outer footwear at the indicated sign when entering the bowling alley, please be mindful of this.
– When you arrive, please help your swimmer find the correct bowling shoe size.
– All food and drink must remain behind the barriers, please remind your swimmers of this.
– If your swimmer wishes to bowl another game, that is your responsibility and you must pay at the counter after we are finished eating.
Let’s have some fun!!
Debbie Jones firstname.lastname@example.org