NORAC News Feed
Greetings NORAC Families,
There are two positions needing to be filled for bingo on March 15 for 8 PM arrival.
Please let me know if you are able to help.
Matthew Forbes email@example.com
- 28 / 54 swimmers have registered – great progress! (please register tonight if you haven’t already – Click here to register: www.ontarioswimathon.ca/norac
- We have not yet had a full group register – I scream, you scream, all the kids scream for ICE CREAM!
- We have now raised $3,500 (35% of the way to our goal)!
- Our first draw was held last night, and Emmett is the lucky winner (odd are definitely in his favour, having raised a whopping $960!)
- Registering for Swim-A-Thon – you will receive 25 participation points!
- For every $100 raised (up to $300) you will receive 25 participation points, i.e. max of 75 participation points
- The first group (e.g. Novice / Youth / Youth+ / Jr. Dev / Sr. Dev / Elite) to have all children registered will win an ice cream party!
- Every week, we will enter the swimmer’s name into a hat for every $50 raised. The prize will be $5 DQ or Starbucks gift card. (Note: for families that have a single profile, funds will be divided equally, e.g. 2 children in a family who raised $100 will each get their name put in 1x)
- The top 2 fundraisers will each receive $20 gift cards
Here are the revised Officials Sign up Sheets (as of 2:30pm Fri Feb 21):
Thank you to all who have volunteered to help at this meet. I have tried to accommodate everyone as much as possible. Please let me know asap if you see any issues and I will address them. Also, please redirect to anyone who may not receive this. I have added new families to the list but there may still be some errors.
- Please be at the pool Saturday for 12 pm at the latest for the officials address. Sunday at 11:00 am.
- We will meet in the community room on the main floor.
- We have a few new families helping out. Please introduce yourself and lend a hand where needed to make them feel comfortable.
- We do have a dress code at swim meets to help easily differentiate the roles of officials.
- Timers wear white shirts and black bottoms.
- Strokes and turns judges should be in red shirts, black bottoms.
- Chief timer: white shirt
- Head lane timer: red shirt
- All other officials are in red.
- Any helpers, students or runners, please ensure they are dressed comfortably and with appropriate clean footwear as the pool deck does get wet.
As always, there will be food for the officials in the community room but please supply your own water bottle to refill as needed on the deck.
Again, thank you to all!
See you this weekend.
Dear NORAC Swim Parents,
Just a quick reminder to please Register you child(ren) for Swim A Thon today! This is a key way to raise funds for our club (helps us keep costs low!) You would be surprised how keen family and friends are to support their amazing effort – not too many children (or adults) can swim for 2h or 5km!
Please go to our club link at www.ontarioswimathon.ca/norac
Hello Norac Families, happy family day to you all!
Thank you for those who have signed up to volunteer at the meet this coming weekend. Assignments will be posted in the next few days. If you have any changes to your volunteered time please let me know as soon as possible.
For those of you who have not responded yet, I would love to hear from you and will be very happy to accommodate as many helping hands as possible.
Thank you again for offering your time to help the club.
Looking forward to a great meet.
Good morning Norac Families!
Our final meet of the year is fast approaching and once again I am calling on all families to help out. This is a two day meet and lots of help is required. Please remember this is your last opportunity to gain family participation points volunteering for home meets.
At this meet, we will have additional clubs here as well and the view is always better from the pool!
Please respond to me by WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 19 with the position you would like to help with and have the required training for. I will be assigning positions first come first serve.
As always, any students requiring volunteer hours, please let me know and I will see where we can use them. Anyone looking for a sign off for a position, please notify me as well to ensure you are placed correctly.
As always, thank you in advance for your continued support. Norac would not be able to host meets without it. This generates income for the club which helps to keep our cost down. With your help, we all benefit.
It is also an opportunity for our swimmers to achieve great results in an environment they are most comfortable, with their families cheering them on from the pool deck!
Heather Stratford firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Norac families
For those of you that don’t know me I am Heather Pickering, Logan Pickering’s mom, he is in youth and I will be organizing the food for the upcoming meet. This is my first time doing the food so please let me know if there are any issues. I have attached the document for food sign up. Please only sign up for one item on one day to allow everyone a chance to gain points.
For those that are bringing food, please have your food at the pool on time, by 11:30 Saturday and 10:30 Sunday. Time is needed for setting up, so please have your plates ready to serve officials and coaches when you bring it to the pool. (like you would have ready for guests in your own home). Please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions and looking forward to meeting everyone poolside! Thanks for your help!
Heather Pickering email@example.com
Welcome NORAC Parents to Swim-A-Thon 2019-2020!
On behalf of the board and coaching staff we are excited to announce our NORAC Swim-A-Thon campaign for this year!
Our club, once again, will be fundraising using Swim Canada’s online fundraising program. This allows us to raise money quickly and easily all from just a few clicks from our computers.
All of us will now be able to reach out to family, colleagues, friends, and utilize the tools of social networks in Canada and throughout the world to increase our “Swim-A-Thon” dollars raised this year. In fact, if you have ever participated in a national charity event you will know that raising valuable funds for special causes is made easier through tools like RaiseAThon.
Our club this year has a goal to raise $10,000 and we will put this money towards keeping our fees low! NORAC has one of the lowest club fees in the GTA. We would like to continue this, and keep our fees as low as possible, by using the proceeds from Swim-A-Thon. Our club directly receives 90% of the funds raised so let’s work to meet and exceed our goal.
With everyone’s support, we can CRUSH this goal!
Our Swim-A-Thon will involve all swimmers and it will be held on March 26th at our pool, Jack Burger.
CALL to ACTION:
Register ASAP! We encourage the parents to go online and assist your swimmer(s) with the registration – Families with >1 child, we encourage you to register a single account. Realize this year, the family affidavit is part of the online swimmer registration.
Please go to our club link at www.ontarioswimathon.ca/norac and register your swimmer and start spreading the word to family, friends, business colleagues, social contacts and those that support the sport of swimming in our community, province and Canada.
Start Fundraising: Your fundraising goal is $205+/swimmer (to hit our $10k goal)
NOTE: This year Swimming Canada is unable to issue any receipts in any circumstance. You may find out more information here: https://swimming.ca/en/resources/swimming-canada-overview/swim-a-thon-online/
Please show your support, help us provide the best resources, coaching and programs that we can by helping to raise these valuable dollars that will support our swimming program.
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please contact RaiseAThon at email@example.com if you have any technical problems.
Please see the attached assignments for the upcoming meet here: NORAC Time Trial Jan 26 2020 (1)
Please be at the pool for an 8:00 am warm up start. We should be completed by 11:00 am.
We are still in need of a couple of extra people if you have not responded yet or have a student at home that could use some volunteer points, please let me know.
This is a very easy meet to get your first experience helping on deck and we can provide some quick training for anyone looking to learn.
Please make sure you are wearing clean deck shoes and be prepared to get your feet a bit wet. These are long races and we ask that you provide your own water bottle to avoid leaving the pool area unless necessary.
We are not able to provide sign offs for deck evaluations for this event. Please see me and we will make sure you have the appropriate allocations for the next home meet.
Thank you to everyone who has offered to help!
See you Sunday