Hello Norac Families,
Our AGM will take place on Sunday May 27, 2018 at 4:00 pm, (just prior to our year end banquet) at the Cobourg Community Centre. This is your club and we need to have as many attendees as possible to plan for the 2018-2019 swim season. Board elections will take place at this AGM.
Becoming a board member gives you the opportunity to maintain what you like about the club and help make improvements where needed.With many older swimmers graduating from high school and leaving the club, there are several positions to fill for the coming year.We need new parents to join the board as part of our succession planning. Parents from all swim groups are encouraged to put their name forward.The commitment includes attending monthly board meetings. The focus of each board member must be the well being and future of the club as a whole.
The Board of Directors consists of the following positions.
- President – Direction to the overall club. The President must have sat on the board the year prior.
- Vice President – Assume the duties of the President if the President is absent or unable to exercise his/her duties.
- Secretary – Record minutes of meetings and distribute correspondence.
- Treasurer – Financial accounting of NORAC (accounting designation preferred)
- Director of Fundraising – Corporate, Individual, Swim-A-Thon, Fundscrip programs etc.
- Director of Officials–Encourage and manage development of Swim Meet Officials
- Director of Social Events –Organize the Christmas Party, Year End Banquet etc.
- Director of Bingo – Organize and train volunteers for Bingos sponsored by NORAC.
- Director of Conflict Resolution – Address concerns that arise.
- Director at Large (2)–Assist in special projects as they arise (equipment, clothing, travel, special events, etc)
We have openings for the following board positions for the 2018-2019 season.
- Vice President
- Director of Social Events
- Director of Officials
- Director of Conflict Resolution
Please contact Mary Ellen (email@example.com) or me if you would like more details about a specific position.
If you are interested please fill out the attached nomination form and submit it to Patti Cumberland via email firstname.lastname@example.org prio r to 6:00 pm May 13, 2018
Patti Cumberland and Mary Ellen McKenna