Hello NORAC Families,
Our AGM will take place on Sunday June 2, 2019 at 2:30 pm, (just prior to our year end banquet) at the Port Hope Rec Centre on McCaul Street. This is your Club and we would like to see as many attendees as possible to hear what the Club has accomplished this swim season and to look forward to the 2019-2020 season. Board elections also take place at the AGM.
We are looking for members of NORAC who are interested in becoming a board member.
Being on the board gives you the opportunity to maintain what you like about NORAC as well as participate in setting the future direction of the Club. The focus of each board member must be the well being and future of the club as a whole.
Parents from all swim groups are welcome to put their name forward.
The Board of Directors consists of the following positions:
- President – responsible for the overall supervision and administration of the affairs of the Club. The President musthave sat on the board the year prior.
- Vice President – assumes the duties of the President if the President is absent or unable to exercise his/her duties.
- Secretary – records the minutes of meetings and distributes correspondence.
- Treasurer – responsible for the financial accounting and budgeting for NORAC (accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred)
- Director of Fundraising – organizes corporate and individual fund raising, including Swim-A-Thon, Fundscrip etc.
- Director of Officials – supports the development of Club officials, organizes officials for home meets.
- Director of Social Events –organizes the Club’s social events.
- Director of Bingo – organizes and train volunteers for bingos sponsored by NORAC.
- Director of Conflict Resolution – addresses complaints and issues made to the Conflict Resolution Committee.
- Director at Large (2) – assist in special projects as they arise (equipment, clothing, travel, special events, etc).
Anyone can put their name forward for any of the above positions. If more than one nomination is received for a position an election will be held at the AGM. Many current board members have put their name forward to continue on the board. We ask that anyone interested in putting their name forward, first consider the positions that currently have no nominee for next season.
The following board positions are not yet filled for the 2019-2020 season.
Director of Conflict Resolution
Director a Large
If you are interested please fill out the attached nomination form and submit it to Mary-Ellen via email (or put it in my folder at the pool), prior to 6:00 pm May 25, 2019.
Mary-Ellen McKenna and Matt Forbes