Dear NORAC Swim Families,
On behalf of the NORAC Board, we hope this email finds you safe and healthy! These are unprecedented times, and we realize more than ever what a special club we have, and how much we collectively miss our children being in the pool – not only for the mental and physical health benefits, the social benefits but also the tired children we receive back after the a great NORAC Swim practice. 🙂
Kindly find below our first update:
- We as a Board are still meeting to discuss the evolving situation of COVID-19 and how it will affect our swim season, and while we don’t have all the answers yet, we wanted to reach out to you to let you know that we are committed to keeping you apprised of information as it comes to us and decisions are made;
- Payments: You may have noticed that the March NORAC cheques have not been cashed, and we will not cash further cheques this season until / if our swim season resumes;
- We are researching government subsidies available as a result of COVID-19 for our Club, and will revert with more as we learn;
- Swim-A-Thon – Although our originally planned swim date (Mar 26th) has passed, we have been given an extension by Swim Canada to extend our Fundraiser End Date to May 31st. While there are no guarantees that we will be back in the pool by that date, we would be able to complete the Swim-A-Thon early next season, and you are free to continue to fund-raise if desired. There is absolutely no pressure to do so however – we recognize these are financially difficult times.
- Trish will be sending out a note regarding upcoming swim meets and other info.
Carla Ring Herron
on behalf of NORAC Board